Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Falling out of love...and into the same ol rut...

No, I am not a love analyst. I am just a common brotha who tries to make it bigger than it should be. I want my work to be larger than life = work ethic. I have a love for humanity which = genuine nature. I am also a romantic = danger. Sure life can be described as a bowl of cherries. But somehow I manage to get the ripeones with the large pits. So, who cares. Perhaps I am just another ecentric guy who loves to express himself in words. Or perhaps I am just a sap who wastes his time (and money for that matter) on Trophy Women. Sure, I want a beautiful woman. I also want a wife. So, characteristically I am trying to help you understand the 35 single mans blues.

I am no punk. I can pull a woman without trying, in fact I often do it just to stay in practice. Yet, it gets boring after a while. You fall in "like" with a woman, and eventually you fall into that same ol rut. She becomes the one that you should let slip away. Funny how that sounds on paper. Slip away. Isn't that what people do on their death beds...slip away. Is it that I am slipping away in the dating game? Is the Atlanta Society my metaphorical death bed? Perhaps not. I just think that I am lazy. With the ATL's 10 women to every Man population I have grown rediculously lucky and lazy. But consider the odds. That data is a bit off. 10 women to every Man. Lets look at that a bit closer.

Atlanta has a relativly large gay population (=Bix and gay) so lets up that number to say 12 women to every man. Nope scratch that, you have to include the Nun/Bix/gay women. So lets just review the 10 women. (Women will be pissed at this next statement...i am sure,) 2 out of 10 women are my ideal mate, beautiful, wise, intelligent, in great shape and from wealthy parents. :) 1 out of 10 is that perfect ten, a single biracial beautiful woman looking for a husband, ripe for kids, $20,000 in her savings and a portfolio built for two. Yet 5 out of that 10 are bored, depressed, overworked women without a clue. So that leaves me with 2 out of that 10 who waiver between good looking/overly active and intelligent/ice cream eaters. This is usually the type of woman that I am attracted to. Ahhh, but there is this strange behavior that these women exhibit. Phychosis. They are crazy enough to think that they are either too good looking or too good for me. What type of stuff are they on? Ok, ok, before the She/man woman haters of america decide to attack my bloggs for life let me clear up a few things.

First, I am set in my ways a tad bit out of shape and expect nothing from my dates. I am a gentleman and somewhat of a scholar. One look at my sentence structure and grammar will tell you that I do not have a Masters in English. I love Women down to the core of their souls. I often end my relationships because I run. I fall out of love and into the same ol rut.
So, I have the problem. I repeat "Sheman!" I have the problem. I could settle for less. I could get in shape and find that top tier woman. In fact I could even stop being lazy get active and run into "Mrs. Right on Time". Why ask why when it is easier to fall into the same ol rut?

Rut: a track worn by a wheel or by a habitual passage. a usual or fixed practice. a monotonous routine. a groove in which something runs. OR the other definition: an annually recurrent state of sexual excitement in the male deer. Sexual excitement in a mammal (as estrus in the female) esp. when periodic.

The same ol rut.

That's right. Why not. Marriage is at an all time low. Do I sacrifice my freedom for a life of insanity. That is the question. Who ever made up the infamous "To be or not to be" quote wasn't kidding. To be sane or not to be sane. that is the question. So for those cats who like to ask me the Million$$$dollar question..."Why am I still single" here is my reply.

I never want to say these three words "MY EX WIFE".
I never want to perform these four words "CHEAT ON MY WIFE"
and lastly...

I enjoy my freedom of falling out of love...because this rut is eventually going to lead me to lover's lane.

Romantics fo life, tat that across your stomach.

En peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home