Thursday, November 04, 2004

Dyin tryin...ode to kafia

I was tryin too. It was so hard to do. Live or luv. that's what I understood, either do wrong or be up to no good. There was no right way. Just the wrong way to play...which wasn't ok. But I was tryin. Trying to be someone else, striving for the mantle piece of my dreams. Trying to become the dad that my dad always was but never was to me, or perhaps I just couldn't see. Life changes a man after 33. Damn, could I be so right. Sitting in the bed at 3am at night. yes that's right. if it is dark out side don't that make it night...I try, I strive to do what is in my soul, but out of control enimies come at me with out fail. I duck and dodge but temptation is tough. Faith is even tougher. Keep on brotha man. Strive to become better than the other man. But who is that man. Shades of skin make it hard to read between the lines. I guess we just have to do our best to be more than blind. We have to use our inner eye. Beyond the third wave. We have to use our love gague. The item that makes us grow after the relationship has wilted. The experienced tear that has dried and become the salt that heals our wounds. Life deals heavy blows. But on this day. I am going to stop Tryin'. I am going to do. One never knows do one. When the sun rises the dew comes. unlike any tear, more like the sweat from our ancestry. Or perhaps like the ocean spray from a distant land. The echoes cry "We do much better than you, and we got less". What a mess, I'm in debt, but you're homeless. I am king of my destiny. Tryin' aint in my vocabulary. well it used to be, after today Tryin' isn't equal to Free - do -me. So what! it is a stretch. But what can a brotha do when he sees life as sketch. A brief note from a friend from back in the day. Do I sit around with dismay. Hell no, cut the locks and sport a fro. What up Doe. You from the D. How many folk you know that be tryin' daily.

Tryin' is different than doin. And doin is easier than tryin' but the definition of tryin sounds so sweet, angelic even. But how.

En peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home