Thursday, April 28, 2005

Brotherly Love

While I sit here and type up this email, you have to understand a bit of background. I am importing close to 25 CDs from my Brother Carl by way of my Brother Craig. Huh? you may ask...well just understand...I got a serious hookup. Over the years I have been blessed with a number of friends who enjoy music. My Stepfather, Dynamite Disco Downstairs DJ was the first, He used to jam out to the R&B classics on Friday nights and the whole house would be boppin to Marvin, Elton and Stevie...James too...But, then came the R&B explosion..My next door neighbor, Johnny...man he had a record collection out of this world...Shouts out to the smith family. My Father, wasn't too shy on his collection but he would just attend parties and oddly enough he hipped me to the Hip Hop scene back in the late 70's. "Ray you might want to listen to this station 107.5 WBLS on Saturday nights..." from that point it was on...My uncle Thomas had a collection of records that spanned back into the early 1950's. His son Ricardo began a music career and now is an internationally known dj.

This past weekend, I had a wonderful weekend with my family. We didn't have a family dinner which is rare, but at this point the Graduation party was enough...was it ever...I had a blast meeting my brothers friends and I also had plenty of "drank". But, beyond the libatious weekend...I just enjoyed my family. I remember at one point my brother Craig said: You aren't socializing... and I had to reply, well, I haven't seen some of these people in months...We both understood and time moved on.

But as the days sprinted by I realized that I didn't spend that much time with Carl or Craig. Both were individually busy and after I knew it, I was on the road headed south. The love of music and the occasional "What's up Man" phone calls make my day. So, without fail I say that I miss them, and wish we had more time together...The music keeps us connected and I am glad that they have the ear.

en peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home